Wake up to the smell of fresh french toast with this easy and delicious recipe created by Felicity! We all know that she is known throughout Avonlea for her cherry pie (according to Felix) but did you know the King family also loves her tasty french toast? Make sure to top off your toast with lots of fresh fruit and Canadian maple syrup! For more Avonlea recipes, take a look at our Youtube Playlist, or take home the recipes yourself with our Cookbook.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 loaf bread
- Toppings: fresh fruit, maple syrup and icing sugar if you desire.
- In a bowl, mix together milk, eggs, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- On the stove, heat up a buttered pan on medium heat. You'll need to keep buttering the pan every two slices of bread.
- Dip one slice of bread into egg mixture on both sides and place in pan. Flip the bread until both sides are golden brown.
- Keep repeating step #3 until the 1/2 loaf of bread is gone.
- Top the bread with icing sugar, fresh fruit and maple syrup for a sweet flavour. Enjoy!