Avonlea is known for their tasty jam! With Avonlea’s fresh and juicy strawberry fields, you can store jam all year round! Here’s a three-berry recipe for homemade jam. Watch the video below for a step-by-step process! For more videos, check out our Youtube channel! Want to take a book of recipes home? Check out our Avonlea Cookbook and Cooking with Anne of Green Gables cookbooks!
2 jars of fresh jam
- 2 clean and sanitized jars
- About a pound of berries of your choice
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- We recommend you use clean and sanitized jars for this recipe. You can sanitize the jars yourself by putting the jars in a large pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes. Be very careful, the jars will be super hot when you remove it from the water. Let the jars dry and cool down on a clean towel.
- Cut enough berries to fill about 5 cups. We used a mix of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- Add fruit into a large pot. Then add sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Place the pot on the stove top over medium heat. Begin slowly mashing the fruit with a potato masher.
- Stir and let the fruit boil until the jam thickens. This should take about 20 minutes.
- After the jam is thick, remove from heat and allow the jam to cool off.
- Store the jam in the sanitized glass jars. This recipe will last in the fridge for about 3 weeks. Enjoy!