Too bad that it wasn’t actually Raspberry Cordial that Diana Barry was drinking! We’re sure it would have been much more appetizing than Currant Wine… Here is a recipe for Raspberry Cordial that will have you in exclamations of appreciation not dissimilar to Diana’s.
- 500g of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 500g caster sugar in a saucepan.
- 3 tblsp of red wine vinegar.
- Mix raspberries with caster sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the red wine vinegar.
- Heat it gently on the stove whilst mashing it with a potato masher.
- Once it is gloopy and thick then press through a sieve to remove the seeds.
- Add a little water (about 400ml) to swish out the saucepan and to pour over the raspberry pulp in the sieve in order to get as much taste as possible.
- Pour the strained liquid back into the saucepan and bring to the boil for two minutes.
- Pour into a sterilized bottle and store in the fridge for up to four weeks.