Looking for a quick snack on the go? These energy balls are a healthy and delicious snack as you head out the door! Make this snack with your favourite ingredients, you can substitute honey for maple syrup for a vegan option and skip the peanut butter for a school-safe treat for your kids! Check out the recipe and demonstration video below! For more recipes check out our Avonlea Cookbook!
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or peanut-free alternative
The rest can be substituted for your favorite ingredients:
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Mix all of your ingredients together and mix well.
- Roll the mixture into bite-sized balls. The best way to do this is to dampen your hands before rolling each ball.
- Place in a closed container and freeze for at least 30 minutes.