You can’t enjoy your tea without these classic tea biscuits! Surprise your guests with these homemade biscuits, along with fresh jam. Need to stock up on tea? We have a variety of loose leaf teas harvested right out of Avonlea! For more recipes check out our Youtube channel, or take home The Avonlea Cookbook!
- 2 and 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp baking powder
- circle cookie cutter or jar lid
- Mix together flour, milk, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. It will begin to form together.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead gently. Use flour so it doesn't stick to the surface.
- Using a circle cookie cutter (or anything flat and round) shape the dough into round biscuits.
- Place biscuits on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes at 450ºF.
- Serve the biscuits with fresh jam, fruit and of course, tea! Enjoy!